The Outback FX is a modular "building block" sine wave inverter/charger. At 3000 watt continuous rated, each Outback FX 3048T inverter/charger is a complete power conversion system; DC to AC inverter, battery charger, and AC transfer switch. I will work well for both small and large solar electric systems.
Additional Outbacks can be connected at any time in parallel (120 VAC), in series (120/240 VAC), or even in three-phase (120/208VAC) configurations, meaning you can tailor your system to your needs as they arise. Additions can be made at the time of installation or afterwards.
See OUTBACK POWER INVERTER ACCESSORIES, including stacking kits for 2 & 4 inverters, remote temperature sensors, Mates, and Hub Communications Managers.
An Outback "Mate" is a versatile and powerful system controller that can operate and monitor up to eight Outback inverters and eight 60-amp Outback solar controllers, creating a “brain” for your system.Back to Top
Features & Attributes
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 16.3 × 8.3 × 13 inches
- Weight: 63 lbs
- Modules are stackable and can create systems up to 16,000 watts
- Designed to work with battery banks for "off-grid" applications or for utility/grid-intertie applications, or as a combination of both applications
- Can be used in high ambient temperatures with reduced output ratings
- Designed to survive harsh climates anywhere in the world
- Unique sealed, die-cast aluminum chassis protects and keeps the power conversion components cool
- Standard 5-year warranty