The Outback VFX 2812 is modular "building" block sine wave inverter/charger which can be used for both small and large power systems. Each Outback VFX 2812 inverter/charger is a complete power conversion system complete with DC to AC inverter, battery charger, and AC transfer switch.
Additional inverter/chargers can be connected at any time in either parallel (120 VAC), series (120/240 VAC), or even three- phase (120Y208VAC) configurations, which allows the system to be tailored to the specific power conversion requirements you need. Additions can be made at the time of installation or at a later date.
See Outback Power Inverter Accessories, including stacking kits for two and four inverters, remote temperature sensors, Mates, and Hub Communications Managers.
An Outback "Mate" system controller can operate and monitor up to eight Outback inverters and eight 60 amp Outback solar controllers creating a versatile and powerful solar system "brain".
You may also be interested in:
- Pre-wired and tested power centers, which save you time and money.
- Magnum Energy Refurbished inverters, which come with a lower price tag and a one-year warranty rather than the two year standard warranty.
Features & Attributes
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 22 × 13 × 22 inches
- Weight: 62 lbs
- Powder-coated all aluminum die-cast chassis
- Internal electronic components are cooled by outside air
- Stainless steel screen to protect air intake and internal fan
- UL 94V0 plastic vent grills to protect the air exhaust. All openings are 0.0025 inches square to keep out dirt, bugs, and other critters – “bug proof” construction
- Air inlet comes with removable, washable foam filter insert to trap small particles
- Conformal coated circuit boards to resist corrosion
- Higher output power when inverting or battery charging when compared with the sealed FX inverter versions
- Designed to allow easy field servicing and repairs