Fronius has built a lightweight inverter that can withstand the test of time regardless of harsh environments and heavy use. The IG-4000 weighs only 42 pounds, making it the lightest grid-intertied inverter you will find on the market. �Fewer raw materials are required to build each Fronius IG, therefore less CO2 emissions are produced and less material that will end up in a landfill someday.
Lightweight also means that it costs 2 to 3 times less to ship a Fronius IG inverter, saving you money and using less fossil fuels to get the Fronius IG from our warehouse to your photovoltaic installation. Keep up the conscious effort to eliminate the threat of pollution.Back to Top
Features & Attributes
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 30 × 18 × 12 inches
- Weight: 42 lbs
- LCD Display: Comes standard with every FRONIUS IG and tracks more than twenty system performance parameters
- The Fronius IG Module Managertm software tracks and locks onto the array’s maximum power point to optimize the energy output of an array.
- FRONIUS inverters operate reliably at full power, without de-rating, over a wider range of temperatures than competing inverters.
- Phase Shift Technology- Fronius' unique phase-shift design maximizes switching efficiency. Switching losses are minimized through this innovative design, allowing an even higher efficiency to be maintained.
- Fully programmable operation
- The Fronius IG uses a high frequency transformer, which is substantially smaller than the 60 Hz transformers used in inverters with one-stage topologies. The transformer also provides galvanic isolation. Since transformers are largely made of copper and iron, that's a lot of raw metal that is no longer necessary.
- We have optimized the output inductor to put two inductors on one coil. Many other inverters use 2 separate inductors, which adds to the weight of an inverter.
- A wide input voltage range permits the use of modules of every power size and voltage. You can easily fine tune your system with different wattage modules and string configurations. The voltage window for the entire Fronius IG series is 150--500Vdc.
- Every FRONIUS IG comes standard with integrated DC and AC disconnects. Both DC and AC electrical connections are made in the convenient installer accessible wiring compartment. Fronius has pre-wired the DC breaker to a heavy-duty terminal block that accepts up to eight #8 AWG conductors.