Fronius builds products that can withstand the test of time. The IG-5100 will hold up in harsh environments and withstand heavy usage. The IG-5100 watt inverter weighs only 42 pounds, the lightest grid-intertied inverter on the market.
***Help eliminate the threat of pollution***
Because Fronius uses fewer raw materials in building each IG inverter, they produce few CO2 emissions and less material that will eventually need to be recycled or disposed of.
Its light weight also means it costs two to three times less to ship it to you. Less fossil fuels are consumed to get the Fronius IG from our warehouse to your photovoltaic installation.Back to Top
Features & Attributes
- MPPT accuracy of 99.9%- Regardless of which PV modules you use; crystalline, poly or thin film.
- The Fronius IG Module ManagerTM software attaches itself to the array’s maximum power point to optimize its energy output.
- Active Cooling- The inverters operate reliably at full power, without de-rating.
- Phase Shift Technology- Unique phase-shift design maximizes switching efficiency. Switching losses are minimized through this innovative technology, allowing an even higher efficiency to be maintained.
- Fully programmable operation
- The Fronius IG uses a high frequency transformer. It is substantially smaller than the 60 Hz transformers used in inverters with one-stage topologies. The transformer also provides galvanic isolation. Since transformers are largely made of copper and iron, that's a lot of raw metal that is no longer necessary.
- We have optimized the output inductor to put two inductors on one coil. Many other inverters use 2 separate inductors, which will produce a heavier inverter.
- A wide input voltage range permits the use of modules of every power size and voltage. You can easily fine tune your system with different wattage modules and string configurations.
- Both DC and AC electrical connections are made in the convenient installer accessible wiring compartment. Every FRONIUS IG comes standard with integrated DC and AC disconnects.We’ve pre-wired the DC breaker to a heavy-duty terminal block that accepts up to eight #8 AWG conductors.