Protect your family's power supply by upgrading your grid-tied solar power system. With the use of a technology called Micro-grid AC Coupling, our American Independence 13200 allows you to put your solar panel array to work even when grid power is not available. You'll now be able to enjoy the independence from power companies that comes with off-grid systems.
Easy and safe to install, this Micro-grid AC Coupling Kit is designed to work with grid-tie systems up to 10,500 watts in size. It includes a Magnum MS4448PAE sinewave inverter, a remote control, battery monitor, and Fullriver AGM batteries.
This system is a simple, pre-wired solution for adding battery backup to most grid-tied inverters. The battery bank and battery-based inverter are sized to accomodate grid-tied solar arrays up to 10,500 watts (STC) in power. Feel free to call us if you need help picking a battery backup solution for your system.
One of our customers in North Carolina
purchased a grid-tie system, then
later added the American Independence.
How does Micro-grid AC Coupling in this system work?
The Magnum Energy inverter is on "standby" until the utility company goes down. With any interruption in the grid power, the Magnum inverter comes alive to create a local grid inside your home or building. Your gridtie inverter will continue to operate with full output to allow normal operation of your critical loads. When grid power returns and stabilizes for 5 minutes, the Magnum inverter defaults back to the grid to keep your critical loads running. Meanwhile, the gridtied solar panels never know the difference. Read more about Micro-grid AC Coupling here
Deciding what needs to be powered when grid power is down is much like sizing an off-grid system. Read Sizing Offgrid Systems and use this handy Load Evaluation Worksheet to understand how to determine which critical loads you will be able to power. If you need to expand capacity, you can always add more solar panels and batteries, and those will qualify for an additional tax credit.
See all AC Coupled Systems here, or all of your options for back up power here. Call Wholesale Solar for help evaluation which system will best suit your needs: 1-800-472-1142
Features & Attributes
- Weight: 3650 lbs
- 1 Magnum Energy MS4448PAE Sinewave Inverter
- 24 Fullriver DC1150-2 batteries and battery interconnect cables
- 1 Magnum Energy ME-RTR Inverter Remote
- 1 Magnum ME-BMK Battery Monitor
- System Monitor Gives Instant Status and "Percent of Full" Battery Info
- AC and DC Input Breakers
- Inverter Bypass Switch Allows Choice of Grid or Inverter Output
- Easy to Connect Color Coded Buss Bars for AC and DC Connections
- Multiple Available Knockouts for Conduit Attachments
- Single System Grounding Point
- Fully Assembled and Tested by Experienced Factory Trained Technicians
- All Required Internal Cables and Connectors
- MPN: 1440922