DescriptionAmerican-made SolarWorld modules ranked number one in two tests carried out by the Photon trade magazine back in 2008 and 2009. They generated 12 percent more power than competing brands. And they just keep getting better. The efficiency on the Sunmodule SW 255-watt solar panel is up to 15.2 % and its power tolerance is +/-3%. This particular model is made of monocrystalline silicon cells, which many consider to be more desirable. Read about the differences.
The SW 255-watt Sunmodule is designed for long-term use, durability and ease of use. It will sustain loads of up to 113 pounds per square foot, which means it will withstand even the harshest weather conditions. The Version 2.0 frame is compatible with "Top-Down" mounting methods, while the Version 2.5 frame is compatible with "Top-Down" and "Bottom" mounting methods.
SolarWorld products are manufactured in state-of-the-art factoriesaccording to US and international labor and environmental standards. Their flash testing process ensures that any SolarWorld solar panel delivered to your door has greater than or equal power to the nameplate rated power.
SolarWorld's solar panel warranty is different than many of its competitors. Their linear warranty guarantees that the power generated will not decrease more than 0.7% per year from its nameplate over a 25-year period.Back to Top
Features & Attributes
- 60-Cell Mono-crystalline Silicon module
- Front tempered glass
- Withstands static loads of up to 113 per square foot at any orientation
- Efficiency rating of 15.2 percent
- Power tolerance of -/+3%
- 2.0 frame is compatible with "Top-Down" mounting methods
- 2.5 frame is compatible with "Top-Down" & "Bottom" mounting methods
- Frame has grounding locations on all four of its corners.
- Certified to the stringent safety and design requirements of UL 1703 and IEC
- 31 mm silver frame
- Uses MC4 connectors
- Class C Fire Rating
- MPN: SW255 Black Mono V2.5