True Hybrid Energy System from OutBack Power
In a world of changing energy needs, complex utility rates and growing grid instability, SkyBox goes beyond both
simple grid-tied and off-grid designs by creating an entirely new class of renewable energy system—
a True Hybrid Energy System. By combining the economic benefits of a grid-tied system with all the independence
and self-sufficiency of an off-grid system, SkyBox redefines simplicity, intelligence, flexibility and control.
Back to Top
- Easy To Install and Own: Installs like a grid-tied inverter, but with support for energy
storage, SkyBox is engineered for simplicity. A fully integrated
design supports larger strings and fewer components—
cutting solar + energy storage installation time by up to 75%.
- Power Perfected: SkyBox intelligently measures and controls power to and
from any connection point (utility, solar, battery, generator
and load), dynamically optimizing energy distribution,
consumption and transactions—perfecting the way power is
created and consumed.
- Seamless Energy Storage: Manage your personal energy grid. Leverage the benefits of
energy storage to bank solar energy when the sun is shining
and use it later when utility rates are high. Or, install SkyBox
now and add energy storage later. SkyBox lets you do either.
- Total Energy Management: OPTICS RE lets owners control 100% of programming parameters
while monitoring when, where and how energy is generated,
consumed and stored—from any internet-connected device.
And it’s built into SkyBox so it’s ready to use on day one.
Features & Attributes
Back to Top
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 47 × 21 × 9.4 inches
- Weight: 110 lbs
- Extensive quality and reliability testing, including Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT)
- Years of experience manufacturing products for fault intolerant, mission-critical applications
- Standard 5 year warranty (extended 10 year warranty available)
- Field upgradeable software
- Backup power and support for time-of-use optimization
- Compliant with California rule 21 and Hawaii 14H grid support requirements
- Works with the widest variety of 48V battery chemistries
- NEMA 3R
- Easy and fast to install
- Clean balance-of-systems, all in one box
- High PV voltage input allows long strings
- Dynamic power management
- Ability to support any new regulations
- Configure and take charge of your solar with any internet connected device and OPTICS RE
- MPN: SBX5048-120/240