Three efficiency peaks.
Greater power harvest for every system size: The unique automatic transformer switching function of the Fronius IG Plus makes enables not one, but three equal efficiency peaks. The result: Consistently high efficiency over a wide input voltage range.
In comparison: The efficiency of inverters without transformer switching declines steadily with an increasing input voltage. Devices without a transformer only have one efficiency peak.
With a 96.2 % maximum efficiency, the Fronius IG Plus series scores the highest grade among HF devices.
Get the maximum power harvest out of partial load ranges, e.g. on cloudy days, through a clever combination of multiple power stages in each inverter. The power stages in Fronius inverters divide up the work depending on operating hours and only operate as many power stages as required to efficiently process available power from the PV array. Module Manager™.
The Module Manager™ keeps all Fronius IG inverters at the maximum power point (MPP) with fast and exact MPP tracking, ensuring that you get the most power out or each ray of sunlight. This is especially important for amorphous modules whose MPP can be more challenging to track. Smart Ventilation Design.
Disruptive ambient factors such as biological infestation, dust, moisture or coastal salt air stay outside the new Fronius IG Plus Inverters away from the circuitry. How: Cool air is drawn in through a filter screen on the back of the inverter and routed through a closed channel over the heat sink. This prevents contact between outside air and the circuit boards while cooling the inverter components ensuring the inverter operates consistently. All circuit boards are also dipped in Conformal coating to provide an added measure of protection.Back to Top
Features & Attributes
Back to Top
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 48 × 17 × 10 inches
- Weight: 82 lbs
- Grounding selectable on site. Decide on site what type of grounding is required as the Fronius IG Plus is field programmable for either positive or negative module grounding.
- Designed for indoor and outdoor installations. All Fronius IG Plus inverters have a robust, well designed aluminum housing. UV resistance and corrosion protection enable them to be used either indoors or outdoors. Fronius is proud to be one of the only inverters tested and approved to operate at 122F.
- Integrated DC disconnect. No external DC disconnect installation or cabling is necessary. The Fronius IG Plus comes complete with an approved, built-in, lockable and load breakable DC Disconnect.
- The new power plug system. The connection area and power stages are installed separately from each other. Very easy and extremely safe: The connection area is attached to the wall as normal. Then the power module is simply plugged in. The power plug connects both parts into one secure unit. If service is required, the connector remains on the wall maintaining all settings and configurations.
- Field Programmable AC output voltage. The Fronius IG Plus inverter line from 3.0 to 11.4 kW is field programmable to 208, 240 or 277 volts (Fronius IG Plus 12.0 kW only available in 277 volts), eliminating the need to install different inverter models to accommodate three-phase installations.