Morningstar’s TriStar MPPT TS-45 solar controller features TrakStar Technology™, an advanced maximum power point tracking (MPPT) battery charger for off-grid photovoltaic (PV) systems up to 3kW. The controller provides the industry’s highest peak efficiency of 99% and loses significantly less power compared to other MPPT controllers. This particular model includes a Remote Temp Sensor.
The TriStar MPPT features "smart tracking" that maximizes the energy harvest from the PV by rapidly finding the solar array peak power point with extremely fast sweeping of the entire I-V curve. The TriStar MPPT TS-45A enables system monitoring, data logging and adjustability. It has a meterbus for communications between compatible Morningstar products and a Serial RS-232 connection for personal computers.
This charge controller will require DC disconnects and typically a combiner box with fuses or breakers for wiring the PV input. See related items for an appropriate battery breaker and combiner box.
Features & Attributes
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 11.4 × 5.1 × 5.6 inches
- Weight: 9.2 lbs
- 99% peak efficiency
- Recognition of multiple power points during shading or mixed PV arrays
- Excellent performance at sunrise and low solar insulation levels
- Enables system monitoring, data logging and adjustability.
- Robust thermal design and no cooling fans
- Parallel circuit design provides less stress and longer life for electronic components
- No mechanical relays
- Extensive electronic protections including PV short circuit protection
- Epoxy encapsulated inductors and conformally coated printed circuit boards
- Optional digital meter face (shown in photo above)
- The TriStar MPPT TS-45 recognizes multiple power points during shading or mixed PV arrays.