Morningstar's SunSaver MPPT solar controller with TrakStar Technology is an advanced maximum power point tracking (MPPT) battery charger for off-grid photovoltaic (PV) systems. The controller features a smart tracking algorithm that maximizes the energy harvest from the PV and also provides load control to prevent over discharge of the battery.
The SunSaver MPPT is well suited for both professional and consumer PV applications. Its charging process has been optimized for long battery life and improved system performance. This product is epoxy encapsulated for environmental protection, may be adjusted by the user via four settings switches or connection to a personal computer, and has an optional remote meter and battery temperature sensor.
Features & Attributes
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 2.5 × 6.6 × 2.9 inches
- Weight: 1.3 lbs
- Maximizes energy harvest with peak efficiency of 97.5%
- Allows the use of high voltage PV modules including thin films
- Converts 36V or 24V solar to 12V battery charging
- May be used as a diversion controller for wind or micro-hydro systems