The Prostar PS-15M-48V provides several unique features and protections:
- Provides for longer battery life and improved system performance.
- It comes with a highly accurate digital meter.
- Morningstar's patented PWM battery charging has been further optimized.
- The Digital Display meter reads values directly from the micro-controller, which ensures a very accurate voltage and current measurement.
Morningstar's Optional Remote Temperature Sensor (RTS) provides accurate battery charging in solar systems that experience temperature variations during the year. When used with the ProStar controller, this temperature sensor improves on-board temperature compensation by measuring the temperature at the battery. Use with the ProStar whenever the temperature at the battery will be more than 9 degrees Fahrenheit different than the temperature at the controller.
Features & Attributes
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 4 × 2 × 6 inches
- Weight: 2 lbs
- Negative or positive ground
- PWM series battery charging (not shunt)
- 3-position battery select: gel, sealed or flooded
- Very accurate control and measurement
- Jumper to eliminate telecom noise
- Parallel for up to 300 amps
- Temperature compensation
- Tropicalization: conformal coating, stainless steel fasteners & anodized aluminum heat sink
- No switching or measurement in the grounded leg
- 100% solid state
- Very low voltage drops
- Current compensated low voltage disconnect (LVD)
- LED’s indicate battery status and faults
- Capable of 25% overloads
- Remote battery voltage sense terminals
- Estimated 15 year life
- MPN: PS-15M-48V