The best energy choice for off-grid, marine-based applications
The AIR X Marine 48VDC by Primus Windpower brings durability, versatility and efficiency to remote wind power systems. With over 70,000 units sold, AIR X marine is the best-selling small wind turbine for sailboats.
Better technology means a better product
The AIR X Marine incorporates a new microprocessor based technology that increases performance, improved battery charging capability, increased durability and a reduction of “flutter” noise from the turbine. In high winds the turbines energy production will be slowed, protecting the electronic components and as wind levels decrease the maximum power output will continue on normal charging potential.
Efficient, safe battery charging
The the AIR X’s charge controller is optimized with peak-power tracking allowing for efficient delivery to the battery bank. Every few milliseconds the controller stops charging and tests to see if the battery is fully charged. If the battery is charged, then current to the battery is shut off. This safety feature allows any size battery bank from 25 to 25,000 amp hours or even higher to be safely charged.
Features & Attributes
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 27 × 15 × 9 inches
- Weight: 17 lbs
- Brushless permanent magnet alternator
- Adaptable pitch aerolastic all carbon fiber blades
- Virtually maintenance free with only two moving parts
- Patented peak power tracking for greatest energy at all wind speeds
- Highly developed internal charge controller, externally adjustable for any battery use
- Exclusive Auto brake™ slows the blades to a noiseless spin when the batteries are fully charged
- Marine designed powder coated aluminum body, all stainless steel hardware, marine grade wire, water tight housing
- 3-year guarantee
- Full Marine Tower Kit available for easy boat mounting.