Best choice for new construction installations
The QBase QMNC Composition Mount is the strongest and most cost-effective method for installing solar panels during the construction of new composition/asphalt shingle roof for either a new home or a roof replacement. The base-and-post mount is specifically designed to fit into the workflow between the trades to make solar panel installation smooth and efficient.
Options available for retrofits
While the QBase Composition Mount can also be used for retrofitting solar to a composition/asphalt shingle roof, our Classic Composition Mount is the more common choice for retrofits. We can help you decide which option is best for your job.
These conduit mounts work well with the popular IronRidge XR100 and XR1000 rails, plus most other rails manufacturers.
Features & Attributes
- Weight: 2 lbs
- Flashing holds firm against wind-driven rain
- All exposed hardware is 18-8 stainless steel
- Meets or exceeds roofing industry best practices
- Allows up to 4 structural attachments when required
- QBase is the strongest off-the shelf mechanical mount
- 3031 lbs. average pullout (Douglas fir); 1972 lbs. average shear
- 3-step process aids collaboration between roofers and PV installers
- Cone flashing is spun aluminum with no welds or seams to rust or rot
- 10-yr warranty; 50-yr expected life
- Great mount for solar hot water
- Works with all leading racks
- All hardware included
- 100% IBC compliant
- MPN: QMNC A 12