According to the National Electric Code, section 690.15, PV arrays must have a disconnecting means to isolate the inverter from the PV power source. Utility grid-tie inverters that utilize PV arrays with voltages above 250VDC require a disconnect rated for 600VDC to perform this function.
Wholesale Solar recommends this Square D HU361RB disconnect for use with gridtie inverters that don't already have pre-built disconnects. It is non-fusible, rated at 600 volts DC, and 30 amps. It is outdoor rated so it can be located close to the panels or outside of your house and garage. It has wiring lugs that are rated to accept #14 to #6 wires in each lug.
Features & Attributes
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 14.9 × 6.6 × 4.9 inches
- Weight: 9.3 lbs
- Heavy Duty Non Fusible Safety Switch
- Number of Poles 3
- Maximum Voltage Rating 600 V
- Maximum Current Rating 30 Amps
- NEMA Class 3R Rainproof
- Red and Black Handle to Indicate Switch Position
- MPN: D HU361R