MidNite Solar Birdhouse Emergency Disconnect Switch
The National Electrical Code for 2014 will require homeowners to have a firefighter gateway access device, such as MidNite Solar's Birdhouse, to provide emergency personnel (e.g., firefighters) with a means of rapid system shutdown. The Birdhouse must be placed in an easily accessible location to the responding emergency personnel and must be within 500 feet of the power supply boards responsible for activating the disconnecting combiners and shunt trip battery breakers. A single Birdhouse can control up to 50 devices for a fast, fully integrated system shut down.
Unique Design, Impressive Features
LED status indicator lights show the current status of the system and automated speech commands give further situation-specific commands. The MNBH includes an optional remote trip input to allow for a connection from fire alarms, door interlocks, or security systems.
Features & Attributes
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 12.1 × 8.3 × 4.6 inches
- Weight: 5 lbs
- Weather resistant enclosure
- Will only work with MidNite Solar Power Supply Board compatible equipment
- LED indicator lights - Quickly provide current state of the system
- Requires AC power supply
- Automated speech commands - Audibly gives appropriate instructions and reminders
- Bright red color - Makes it easily visible to emergency personnel
- Internal rechargeable batteries - Provide backup incase of external power cut off or failure