This is a modular "building block” sinewave inverter/charger that is powerful, tough and versatile. Each OutBack VFX 3648 inverter/charger is a complete power conversion system - DC to AC inverter, battery charger, and AC transfer switch.
Additional inverter/chargers can be connected at any time in parallel (120 VAC), series (120/240 VAC), or three- phase (120Y208VAC) configurations. The system can be tailored to the specific power conversion requirements of the application. Additions can be made at the time of installation or in the future.
Like the FX series, the OutBack VFX is also designed to survive harsh environments around the world. The full-screened vent openings are "bug-proof" and the die-cast aluminum chassis keeps the power conversion components cool in very hot environments even when operated at high power for extended lengths of time.
See OUTBACK POWER INVERTER ACCESSORIES, including stacking kits for 2 & 4 inverters, remote temperature sensors, Mates, and Hub Communications Managers.
You may also be interested in:
- Pre-wired, pre-tested power centers, which save you time and money.
- Magnum Energy Refurbished inverters, which come with a lower price tag and a one-year warranty rather than the two year standard warranty.
An OutBack "Mate" system controller can operate and monitor up to eight inverters and eight 60 amp solar controllers. These inverter/chargers are designed to operate as a coordinated system with the other OutBack products- creating a “brain” for you solar system.Back to Top
Features & Attributes
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 22 × 13 × 22 inches
- Weight: 65 lbs
- Powder-coated all aluminum die-cast chassis
- Internal electronic components are cooled by outside air
- Stainless steel screen that protects air intake and internal fan
- "Bug proof" construction: UL 94V0 plastic vent grills protect the air exhaust. All openings are 0.0025 inches square to keep out dirt, bugs, and other critters
- Air inlet comes with removable, washable foam filter insert to trap small particles
- Conformal-coated circuit boards to resist corrosion
- Provides higher output power when inverting or battery charging compared with the sealed FX inverter versions
- Designed to allow easy field servicing and repairs
- Well protected environments or areas like Montana or Arizona are ideal locations for this application where salt air is not a problem