The OutBack VFX 3524 is a modular "building block” sinewave inverter/charger and can be used for both small and large power systems. Each OutBack VFX 3524 inverter/charger is on its own complete power conversion system--DC to AC inverter, battery charger, and AC transfer switch.
Additional inverter/chargers can be connected at any time in parallel (120 VAC), series (120/240 VAC), or even three-phase (120/208VAC) configuration. This allows the system to easily be tailored to your specific power conversion needs. Inverters can be connected (i.e. stacked) at installation or afterwards if you need to expand your system.
The full-screened vent openings are "bug-proof" and the die-cast aluminum chassis protects and keeps the power conversion components cool in very hot environments even when operated at high power for extended periods. The OutBack VFX series inverter/charger system is designed for both residential and commercial stand-alone or backup power applications with battery energy storage. It is designed to operate as a coordinated system with the other OutBack products.Back to Top
Features & Attributes
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 8.25 × 12 × 16.25 inches
- Weight: 61 lbs
- Powder-coated all aluminum die-cast chassis
- Internal electronic components are cooled by outside air
- Stainless steel screen that protects air intake and internal fan
- "Bug proof" construction: UL 94V0 plastic vent grills protect the air exhaust. All openings are 0.0025 inches square to keep out dirt, bugs, and other critters
- Air inlet comes with removable, washable foam filter insert to trap small particles
- Conformal-coated circuit boards to resist corrosion
- Provides higher output power when inverting or battery charging compared with the sealed FX inverter versions
- Designed to allow easy field servicing and repairs
- Ideal locations for this application are areas like Montana or Arizona, where salt air is not a problem or where the environment is well protected
- Standard 5-year warranty