The Xantrex C Series (formerly Trace C Series) offers the C35, C40 and C60 controllers which can handle 35, 40, and 60 amps of DC current. These can be used as solar charge controllers or load controllers or load diversion controllers. They are probably the most popular controllers for all of these applications.
All units offer selectable settings for NiCad, flooded lead acid, gel, or absorbed glass mat batteries.
As a DC load controller, the C Series has a low voltage disconnect warning system and field adjustable set points that govern automatic low and high voltage disconnect. Each controller has a manual reset switch for emergency low voltage operation.
The C Series automatically directs extra power to a dedicated load such as an electric water heater and ensures batteries are never over-charged.
Features & Attributes
- Silent, pulse width modulated (PWM), high efficiency operation
- Three- stage battery charging (bulk, absorption, and float)
- Durable construction
- PV array short circuit and reverse polarity protection
- Microprocessor controlled
- Automatic overload protection