Morningstar's Ground Fault Protection device provides a code-compliant solution for adding ground fault protection to off-grid and on-grid PV systems. The GFPD-150V works with all 150V TriStar controllers. For 600V TriStars use the GFPD-600V.
The GFPD detects and interupts ground faults in the PV system. Morningstar's GFPD will detect a current imbalance between conductors in a circuit and will break both positive and negative legs once a ground fault is detected.Back to Top
Features & Attributes
Back to Top
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 10.6 × 5.1 × 4.4 inches
- Weight: 4.4 lbs
- Trips at lower fault current with higher accuracy
- Breaks both positive and negative conductors to completely isolate PV circuits
- Works for positive and negative grounded systems
- Powered by the PV system's battery bank
- Includes visual and audible alarms
- Supports single or multiple-controller installations, only shuts off affected controllers while maintaining the system earth bond for battery and loads.