Morningstar Remote Temperature Sensor (RTS)
Morningstar's Remote Temperature Sensor (RTS) provides improved battery charging in solar systems that experience temperature variations during the year. The RTS measures temperature at the battery and the controller uses this data for very accurate temperature compensation. Use of the RTS is recommended whenever the temperature at the battery will be more than 5°C (9°F) different than the temperature at the controller. The TriStar has no on-board temperature compensation; therefore the use of the RTS is required for temperature compensated charging. Other Morningstar controllers will default to an on-board temperature sensor if a RTS is not connected.
The RTS is compatible with:
- SunSaver MPPT™
- SunSaver Duo™
- ProStar-15M™, ProStar-30M™, ProStar-15M-48V™, ProStar-15M-49-PG™ whenever the temperature at the battery will be more than 5°C (9°F) different than the temperature at the controller.
- TriStar™ for battery charging or diversion control modes (not for load control mode).
For maximum protection from harsh environments, the sensor is encapsulated in epoxy inside a power lug housing. The RTS is also protected from lightning surges and short circuits.
Back to Top
Features & Attributes
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 360 × .1 × .1 inches
- Weight: .5 lbs
- Cable length: 10 meters (33 feet)
- Accurate to +/- 1.5 °C (2.7°F)
- Extendable cable length
- Wide temperature correction range –30°C (-22°F) to +80°C (+176°F)
- Wires are non-polarized
- Sensor noise is filtered