Patented Maximum Power Point Tracking technology allows Solar Boost 2512i-HV and 2512iX-HV to increase charge current up to 30% or more compared to conventional charge controllers. The new higher input voltage capability of the HV version product now allows the use of higher voltage lower cost 60 cell PV modules to charge a 12 volt battery. Dont waste your money by throwing PV power away! Get the power you paid for with a Solar Boost charge controller.
How Do Solar Boost Charge Controllers Increase Charge Current?
Solar Boost charge controllers increase charge current by harvesting more PV power. A conventional charge controller simply connects the PV module to the battery when the battery is discharged which can artificially limit how much power a PV module can deliver. Patented Solar Boost MPPT technology operates the PV module at its optimum voltage where it can produce the greatest amount of power rather than at battery voltage. The higher power extracted from the module is then provided to the battery as increased charge current. The actual charge current increase you will see varies primarily with module temperature and battery voltage. In comfortable temperatures, current increase typically varies between 10 to 25%, with 30% or more easily achieved with a discharged battery and cooler temperatures. What you can be sure of is that Solar Boost charge controllers will deliver the highest charge current possible for a given set of operating conditions.
- Patented MPPT Technology Increases
- Charge Current up to 30% Or More!
- 20/25 Amp 12 Volt Rating Supports A Wide
- Range Of Applications
- Optional IPN-ProRemote Display Provides
- Charge Control & Full-Featured
- Battery Monitoring System
- Supports up to 270W of 60 Cell modules
- 3-Stage Charge Control with Filtered PWM
- Output Improves Battery Performance &
- Life While Minimizing Battery Maintenance
- Clear Anodized Faceplate, Conformal Coated Electronics & Plastic Case Resist Corrosion
- Full 5 Year Limited Warranty
- Additional SB2512iX-HV Features Include:
- Automatic or Manual Equalization To
- Periodically Condition Flooded Lead-Acid Batteries
- Full IPN Network Interface Coordinates
- Multiple Controllers & Shares Optional
- Battery Temperature Sensor & Display
- Auxiliary Output Provides 25 Amp
- Load Control Or 2 Amp Auxiliary Battery Charge
- Load Controller Provides Fully Adjustable Dusk to Dawn Lighting Control
- Battery Temperature Sensor Input