The Solar-One battery with HuP Technology is optimized for renewable energy systems. Solar-One batteries feature a design that’s so unique, it’s patented. Engineers at EnerSys teamed up with DuPont chemists to design a flooded battery that’s so dependable, it’s backed by the longest standard warranty in the Renewable Energy industry (7 year free replacement + 3 year prorated). Solar-One batteries with HuP technology ensures that you receive more deep cycles, over its longer life, and a higher capacity for sustained performance during each cycle.
The Solar-One® with HuP® Technology
HuP® (High Utilization Positive) was created in response to another need. Patented in 1982, its original objective was to meet tough new environmental standards, and help eliminate lead dust from the battery manufacturing plant.
HuP® technology offers a battery plate that virtually eliminates flaking and shedding of positive plate materials.Flaking and shedding are the primary reasons for battery failure. Solar One Batteries also contain Tetrafluoroethylene, or Teflon® (DuPont registered trademark for PTFE resins) to the lead paste used in active material of the positive plate.
Solar-One® uses a computerized casting which results in less flash and better crystallization during the grid molding process. The advantage is stronger, thicker positive grids that are less susceptible to corrosion.
No other battery in the Renewable Energy industry offers the technology, quality, warranty, support, and price of the Solar-One.
Each Solar-One is made up of six 2-volt cells and comes with stainless steel hardware, lead-plated copper buss bars, a cell lifting strap and an operator/installation manual. Order two for 24-volt systems or four for 48-volt systems. Many sizes are in stock and available for immediate shipment. Other sizes are made to order; please allow up to 8 weeks for delivery.
- Warranted to deliver 2100 80%-deep cycles and an estimated 4000 cycles @50%; More cycles and usable battery capacity in Renewable Energy service
- Gives you a 10 year warranty, still remains the best warranty in the renewable energy industry and it just got better, 7 year free replacement, 3 year prorated
- Uses a slightly enlarged epoxy coated steel case; No more broken batteries due to shipping damage and it enables each battery cell to be removed and reinstalled for easy on-site assembly
- Includes a Lead-Plated Copper Intercell Connectors Rated @ 700 Amps with stainless steel fasteners. This Maximizes energy transfer, reduces corrosion and maintenance
- Available in 8 sizes, Reduces or in many cases eliminates paralleling
- Has over 9 sq. in. of terminal area; Allows for multiple connections to the battery without the need for expensive terminal blocks
- Have been in RE service for over 13 years; A 99.8% track record of reliability in Renewable Energy systems
- Uses flip top filler caps; Easier access for maintenance
- Manufactured in accordance with ISO9000; Ensures and maintains high quality standards in each step of the manufacturing process
- Battery Type Flooded Lead-Acid
- Positive Plate Tetrafluoroethylene (Teflon®) /Lead Antimony
- Post-to-Cover Seal Burned Post to Cover
- Cell “Jar” Material Injection Molded Polypropylene
- Cell Cover Material Polypropylene
- Specific Gravity @ 77°F 1.280 +/- 5 points 100% Charged 1.160 80% Discharged