Electrical Wiring Diagrams from Wholesale Solar
Due to variations in permitting requirements we recommend you contact your local building authority to confirm permitting and installation requirements prior to ordering any equipment.
For critical installation details please reference all installation manuals and local codes.
What are Electrical Wiring Diagrams?
Wholesale Solar’s electrical Wiring Diagrams are CAD (computer-aided design) drawings which show the electrical sequence of all equipment in a system. An electrical diagram is an invaluable resource during the permitting process and system installation. An electrical diagram will be required when applying for your permit and for final inspection.
What do Electrical Wiring Diagrams Cost?
In most cases the cost of a standard electrical diagram is included in the price of our package systems. Wholesale Solar’s technical support department can customize these drawings for a small fee if needed. Contact one of our sales technicians for details and custom diagram pricing. If a diagram is required for permitting before ordering equipment we can send an electrical drawing in exchange for a small deposit towards a quote.
Why Do I Need An Electrical Wiring Diagram?There are many reasons, which we've listed below.
- Quicker permitting process
- Submit your permits earlier by having a diagram ready.
- Accurate diagrams from an experienced designer
- An accurate electrical diagram reduces the chance of re-submissions.
- Wholesale Solar has extensive experience designing systems.
- The electrical wiring diagrams for our complete systems have been refined and perfected after working with thousands of homeowners and installers across the US and around the world.
- Our technical support department is factory-trained and experienced with all of the equipment we carry.
- Faster installs and less down time
- Fast diagram turnaround
- Revisions and custom drawings are typically completed in a few business days.
- Revision support
- Some building departments may require a revision or two before approving your permit.
- Fewer errors during installation
- Wiring equipment incorrectly can be dangerous, costly and can void manufacturer warranties.
- Safety and peace of mind
- Rest easy knowing your system is wired safely and correctly
- Electricity Basics - Just one page with some simple terms you need to understand when talking about electricity
- What IS a sine wave and how is a pure sine-wave different from a modified sinewave?
- System Grounding - It's the most asked question we get and could save your equipment. Read all about it.
- Grounding and Lightning Protection
- What is the difference between an AC and a DC watt?
- Also, what is the difference between a watt, a kilowatt and a kilowatt hour (kWh)?
Solar Specific Needs
Still Have Questions?
Give one of our solar experts a call at 1-800-472-1142.